HOW TO APPLY:
Review the job description, requirements, and benefits provided below.
Email resume to OR bring it to us in person.
Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions at the email address above. No phone calls, please
JOB DESCRIPTION: HOUSE MANAGER
POSITION: House Manager (Full-Time)
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
RESPONSIBILITIES: The House Manager will be responsible for maintaining a safe and stable household that fosters the establishment of mature relationships, healthy lifestyle choices, and the development of personal responsibility. The House Manager will be responsible for teaching and mentoring the development of “soft skills” - personal attributes that enable one to interact effectively and harmoniously with other people
Safe and Stable Household
• Carry out “on duty” coverage responsibilities as scheduled
• Account for residents when “on duty” and ensure a secure environment
• Provide consistent biblical leadership by enforcing J127 rules, policies, and procedures as outlined in the J127 occupancy guide and program materials
• Assist in providing health and safety needs of residents by responding appropriately if an illness or emergency occurs
• Report maintenance and supply needs to the Executive Director
• Assist in the orientation process; participate in volunteer opportunities, help residents adjust to new space, etc.
• Provide/Arrange transportation for residents
Establishment of Mature Relationships
• Promote a Christ-like atmosphere while on and off duty
• Be an engaging presence in the house that ensures warmth and acceptance to both new and “veteran” residents
• Develop a positive and cooperative atmosphere by celebrating accomplishments, having one-on-one times of connection, and scheduling “community discussions” weekly and as needed.
• Employ conflict-mediation and confront bullying behaviors, as needed, to maintain a peaceful atmosphere
Healthy Lifestyle Choices and Life Skills
• Plan, encourage, and participate in daily and weekly activities that foster physical and mental well-being, i.e., walks in the park, arts & crafts, games, etc.
• Foster the development of life skills in a daily and informal manner, i.e., menu planning/preparation, personal hygiene, etc.
JOB DESCRIPTION SPECIFICATIONS
Development of Personal Responsibility
• Confront violations of J127 household rules and policies and take appropriate action. Report discipline matters to the direct supervisor (Exec. Director)
• Provide accountability for a clean/sanitary living space by organizing/overseeing household chores conducting regular room checks, and enforcing clean living standards
• Encourage self-advocacy and diplomacy when resident complaints or grievances are made
• Complete written requirements of the position in a neat and timely manner (i.e. incident reports, weekly achievement, etc.)
• Participate in regular staff meetings and provide feedback on resident needs and policies/processes
• Attend training as directed by the direct supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS: The House Manager will demonstrate/possess the following attributes:
• Growing relationship with Christ and desire to minister to others
• Active lifestyle that exemplifies the attributes defined above (i.e., a healthy lifestyle, personal responsibility)
• Supportive network of friends and relatives
• Engaging style of leadership
• Sound decision-making framework
• Good communication skills
• Emotionally intelligent and able to set clear boundaries with others
• Prompt, reliable, and available to work scheduled hour (afternoon/evening/overnight)
• Able to receive instruction/feedback and work as a team member
BENEFITS: The following benefits will be available to the House Manager:
• Salary compensation as outlined on the employment contract
• Private one-bedroom apartment and access to shared living spaces
• Use of company car, personal care, and pantry items for own use (as available)
• Flexible days off